The AMS EVO VII/VIII/IX Lower Intercooler Pipe (LICP) Kit is a light weight, high flow replacement for the restrictive factory piping. The stock pipe makes extra bends and necks down to less than 1.5" at one point which chokes performance. Unlike some of the competition who think bigger is better, the AMS pipe features optimized pipe sizing and geometry for optimal airflow volume and velocity.
By engineering a smooth, tapered transition from the turbo to your intercooler, the AMS LICP flows freely, without turbulence, from the turbo outlet to the intercooler. This pipe kit also has an integrated factory inspired aluminum support used to prevent the pipe from blowing off under high boost. Through extensive parts prototyping and dyno testing programs AMS have found that replacing the lower pipe alone is worth 7-10 HP.Features:
- Free flowing design
- Eliminates factory rubber sections improving boost response
- Integrated support and bead rolled piping to prevent coupler separation
- TIG welded construction
- Easy installation
- Installation instructions provided online
- Mitsubishi Evolution VIII (GSR, MR, RS and SE) 03-05
- Mitsubishi Evolution IX (GSR, MR, RS and SE) 06-07
- This pipe will bolt up to the stock IC, AMS Standard Core FMIC or any other front mount intercooler that is designed to bolt up the stock intercooler piping.
AMS Performance builds serious performance products for cars such as the Mitsubishi EVO, Nissan GTR, Subaru Impreza, and Porsche 911. Their background in drag racing allows them to build turbo kits, engines, manifolds, and other parts to take the punishment of what 1000+ horsepower cars produce. AMS focuses on these racing parts and kits to give the customer a complete package of power.