The Power Intake is the premier air filter designed to create pure horsepower. The intake funnels used in racing machines take advantage of a characteristic where air travels along the side of the side of surfaces. However, the center portion of the funnel is virtually unused. It is this concept that gave birth to the Dual Funnel design. A primary funnel on the top portion of the air cleaner was inserted to channel the air flow directly into the lower funnels at the base of the cleaner. This design was a huge success on the former Super Intake model. The Power Intake took this design and improved the flow characteristics. New funnel design, element material and air flow channeling characteristics make the Power Intake one of the most efficient air cleaners on the market today. By constructing the upper and lower funnel from a highly durable injected resin, engineers were able to construct the ideal shaped funnel previously not possible with the stainless steel material. Funnel shapes focused on increasing air speed without changing the flow direction of the intake air. The result is a high speed and smooth flow of air into the intake. The lower funnel has been engineered at a 14 degree curve for maximum efficiency. Also, the lower funnel position has been made even closer to the base of the cleaner to reduce drag and eliminate any dead spots within the cleaner.
The Power Intake incorporates a newly developed material (layer filter of dry density fibers) which improves the element density. This allows maximum protection from foreign materials entering the engine. Compared with past model, the Power Intake has also succeeded in decreasing its ventilation resistance by about 10% (pressure loss) for maximum performance and protection. The Power Intake is dry-type filter and is trouble free. Some of the problems associated with wet type cleaners, such as oil sticking to the air flow meter, are a thing of the past. The Power Intake is basically maintenance free. Filter replacement, when necessary, can be done at a very low cost.Features:
- Air filter with minimal air-flow restriction
- Dual funnel filter system minimizes intake turbulence
- Dry-type filter element requires no oiling, and will not foul air flow sensors
- Images used for marketing purposes only actual product may vary
Founded in Japan in 1992, APEXi has grown from just a small tuning parts manufacturer to a multi-industry international powerhouse. 2011 marks the 14th year for APEXi USA and the 20th year for the APEXi Group of Companies. Championship wins and racing feedback can be seen reflected throughout the product lineup. Localization of products has also been a top priority so that they can better serve the needs of their customers. It is with this steady flow of commitment and goals that APEXi has been able to mature so quickly.
APEX Integration, Inc.’s (“APEX”) Standard Limited Warranty protects customers against material and manufacturing defects and is limited to the repair, replacement, or credit of the product in question, at no expense to the customer, excluding the cost of inbound/outbound shipping.
Warranty claims must be made in accordance with the Warranty Periods, Requirements, Limitations, and Exclusions listed below. If all conditions necessary for warranty claims are not met, the warranty item will be returned to the business that requested the warranty claim or otherwise disposed, upon customer request.
APEX’s warranty contained herein shall commence as of the purchase date of each product by the end-user.A. Warranty PeriodsThree Year Limited Warranty
One Year Limited Warranty
- Full stainless steel exhaust and piping
- RS Evolution Muffler
- RS Evolution Extreme Muffler
- Hybrid Evolution Muffler
- N1 Evolution Muffler
Ninety Day Limited Warranty
- Exhaust systems and related components
- Suspension dampers (Oil, Gas)
- Normal wear and tear related components not covered under warranty
- Air intake/induction systems and related components
Items not covered by Warranty
- Engine management electronics (Power FC, AFC NEO, AVC-R, etc.)
- Monitoring electronics (EL2 meters, Auto Timer, Rev Speed Meter, etc.)
- Fuel management (Fuel injector, pump, regulator, etc.)
- Forced induction components (turbocharger, wastegate, blow-off valve, etc.)
- Engine/Exhaust components (head gasket, exhaust control valve, etc.)
- Products purchased as used/open box and/or garage sale items
- Consumables including, without limitation, spark plugs and oil filters
An inspection fee of $50.00 USD will be charged for all returns tested to be in good operating condition or found to be malfunctioning or damaged as a result from anything other than a manufacturing defect. Refer to section B-6.Send all returns for warranty with postage/freight pre-paid to:
APEX Integration, Inc.
Attention: Warranty Claims Department
1449 W. Orange Grove Avenue, Suite A
Orange, CA 92868
B. Warranty Requirements, Limitations, and Exclusions
1. Warranty terms are extended only to authorized APEX dealers and distributors. APEX does not provide warranty terms to end-users with only exception the product was purchased directly from Apex USA website via online internet retail sale. End-users are to send warranty requests to the place of purchase for warranty processing.
2. All products being sent in for warranty must have an Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. RMA numbers are provided by A’PEXi’s Warranty Department only after receiving the warranty card and approving the product in question for return and inspection. APEX is not responsible for products sent back to APEX without an RMA clearly marked on the package and/or no warranty card showing customer’s full return address and contact information.
3. Returned products must be accompanied with the Warranty Card which can be downloaded from the APEX USA website @ WWW.APEXI-USA.COM. All fields on the warranty card must be completed. Warranty claims will be rejected if the warranty card is returned incomplete. A copy of the original invoice is also required to show valid proof of purchase from an authorized APEX dealer/distributor. Dealer information, purchase date and part number(s) must clearly be shown on the invoice.
4. Returned products must include all necessary components for testing. All components must be inspected during comprehensive testing and should necessary components be missing, the warranty claim will be rejected. For example, the AVCR must be returned with all key components including the control unit, solenoid valve, pressure sensor, harnesses, and vacuum hoses; a cat-back muffler return must include all piping that shipped in the original carton, not just the problem component.
5. If the serial number (electronic items) or any anti-tampering device is damaged or removed, the warranty is void.
6. Warranties are limited to material and manufacturing defects only. APEX Integration, Inc. will NOT honor warranty requests that involve damages caused by the following:
- improper installation or use of the product
- installation of product on a car that is not approved by APEX
- usage in conjunction with an incompatible or damaged part
- disassembly, alteration, or modification to the product
- attempted repair or rework not authorized by APEX
- racing or competition use
- improper maintenance and care of product
- constant exposure to corrosive conditions, such as salt, mud, water
- accident, negligence, theft, vandalism, fire, and other such causes not related to manufacturing and design issues
7. This warranty policy covers APEX products distributed and sold through authorized APEX distributors and dealers in the United States and Canada (“Region”). Products purchased outside of the Region and brought into the Region without the authorization of APEX Integration, Inc., are expressly excluded from this warranty.
8. THIS WARRANTY PROVIDES SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND OTHER RIGHTS MAY BE AVAILABLE, WHICH MAY VARY FROM STATE TO STATE/PROVINCE TO PROVINCE. THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES UNDER THIS WARRANTY SHALL BE LIMITED, AT APEX’S EXCLUSIVE DISCRETION AND SUBJECT TO THE TIME LIMITATIONS HEREIN, TO: (1) REPLACEMENT OF ANY NONCONFORMING OR DEFECTIVE PARTS; OR (2) REPAIR OF ANY NONCONFORMING OR DEFECTIVE PARTS; OR (3) CREDIT OF THE PURCHASE PRICE FOR ANY NONCONFORMING OR DEFECTIVE PARTS.
9. APEX’S WARRANTY HEREIN IS IN LIEU OF AND EXCLUDES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OF APEX OR ANY PARENT OR AFFILIATE COMPANY OF APEX, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE CREATED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND/OR ANY WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE OR WHETHER ARISING FROM STATUTE OR COMMON LAW, CONTRACT OR TORT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY NEGLIGENT OR RECKLESS CONDUCT ON THE PART OF APEX. IN NO EVENT SHALL APEX OR ANY PARENT OR AFFILIATE COMPANY OF APEX BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS, PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY OR LOSS OF USE OF PROPERTY.