This product is for Racing Competition only and is not legal for use in highway or street vehicles or other non-racing competition off-road vehicles.
Purchasing this product requires you to sign our Vehicle Compliance Waiver here.
One-of-a-Kind Adjustable Catback
- Unique Internal Power Valve Allows Fine Tuning of Sound and Power Level
- Change From One to Three Chamber Muffler by Turning a Wrench
- Large 2.75" Mandrel Bent Tubing for Maximum Flow
- 8-10 Decibel Range Difference
- 3.5" Stainless Steel Tips
The BBK Varitune Cat Back Exhaust Kit for 1986 Mustang GT, 1987-93 Mustang LX/Cobra and 1994-2004 GT offers full tuning ability with BBK's patented adjustable power valve. That's right, these unique systems come complete with two patented tunable Varitune performance mufflers engineered with high-flow, direct fit 2-3/4" tubing and hardware for an easy bolt on installation. Each system also includes a pair of stylish 3.5" stainless tips to deliver good looks in addition to maximum performance.Adjustable Mufflers?
These American designed and built performance mufflers are the first of their kind in the aftermarket fully adjustable performance mufflers that can be adjusted for sound and horsepower by simply moving the adjustment screw in or out from underneath the car! BBK Varitune performance mufflers utilize a unique internal power valve. When in the closed position the valve blocks the exhaust flow, forcing it through all three chambers of the muffler for a classic mellow sound. When in the open position, the valve opens the exhaust flow allowing it to take the path of least resistance, acting more like a straight-through muffler for an aggressive throaty exhaust note.Installation
BBK Varitune exhaust kits are engineered and built with large 2-3/4" CNC mandrel bent aluminized tubing for unrestricted exhaust flow. These kits are direct fit and include all hardware required for a true bolt on installation.
- 1986 Mustang GT
- 1987-1993 Mustang LX 5.0L, Cobra
- 1994-2004 Mustang GT
- 2001 Mustang Bullitt
- 2003-2004 Mustang Mach 1
- 1994-1997 Mustang Cobra
- Does Not Fit 1999-2004 Cobra with IRS
Other Part Numbers:
Mustang SVT Cobra
|Mustang SVT Cobra
BBK has lived and breathed EFI performance now for over 20 years & now they are taking that knowledge and experience to another level by introducing new performance applications for even more of todays modern cars & Trucks. BBK builds quality performance parts that exceed that of the OEM manufacturer. Without exception all BBK Performance parts are direct bolt on with no modifications. All Applications are covered by full BBK manufacturers warranty and include detailed instructions for installation, with all the necessary gaskets and hardware included with your parts.
BBK PERFORMANCE WARRANTY GUIDELINES
- All BBK products are warranted against any defect in materials or craftsmanship for a period of one year from the date of purchase. These terms apply as long as it has been established that the product in question was installed and used in accordance to all BBK guidelines and was not used for racing or competition purposes.
- BBK Performance will not be held responsible for any consequential or incidental damages incurred during installation and will not be held responsible for any incidental or labor charges on any products that are defective, warranted, damaged, or parts that were purchased incorrectly. PLEASE NOTE SOME PRODUCT SPECIFICS ARE NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY - SUCH AS ELECTRONICS, COATINGS/FINISHES, BUSHINGS AND HOSES ETC. - RUST/RUSTING IS NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY.
- If your warranty issue is after the stores replacement or return policy (usually 30 days) - you will need to contact the BBK Performance warranty department directly via e-mail email@example.com to request a warranty return number and warranty approval.
BBK will e-mail you a request for a copy of the original product receipt and also a product questionnaire to fill out to help us determine why the BBK product has caused a warranty issue.
The original receipt must show the original date of purchase and it must also be supplied via e-mail along with the product questionnaire or the warranty is null and void. If your part is approved for a warranty return, you will be issued a Return Goods Authorization number (RGA) and the BBK return address to send the part back for inspection.
Please be sure to include your name, return address and contact phone number in the box when you ship the part back for identification purposes. PRINT OFF THE RETURN APPROVAL FORM WE E-MAIL TO YOU AND PUT IN THE BOX IS THE SIMPLEST WAY AS IT CONTAINS ALL YOUR INFORMATION INCLUDING THE RGA #.
The Item must be shipped back to BBK prepaid via ground shipping. ALL SHIPPING CHARGES ARE CUSTOMERS' RESPONSIBILITY - NO SHIPPING CHARGES WILL BE REFUNDED. WE WILL PAY THE SHIPPING CHARGES TO SHIP THE ITEM BACK TO YOU.
The return authorization number (RGA) must be clearly marked on the outside of the package in order for our warranty department to process the item. If no RGA is visible - or if package is sent collect freight - package will be refused and sent back to you at your expense.
Upon receipt of your warranty return it will be inspected by our BBK warranty engineers. If your BBK Product is determined to be defective and covered by our warranty, the item will be immediately repaired or replaced at no cost to the consumer. PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT ISSUE ANY KIND OF PRODUCT REFUNDS ON ANY WARRANTY RETURNS; THIS INCLUDES SHIPPING AND LABOR CHARGES.
- ALL Warranty Returns are processed within 2-3 days of receipt and you will be notified of the status of your return - please refer to your RGA # you were issued in all communications with us - firstname.lastname@example.org
- All warranties are valid from the original date of purchase only - they are NOT pro-rated based on a warranty part - replacement or repair.
- BBK Performance is not responsible for product fitment, print, Internet typographical and photographic errors.
- BBK Performance reserves the right to charge a minimum 15% restocking fee for all non-defective RGA requests or returned items purchased directly from the www.bbkperformance.com website in error.