VF-Engineering chose to supercharge the BMW E46 M3 to add to already superior throttle response and give wild mid-to-top end power (sport mode) with the centrifugal Vortech supercharger. Maintaining the original BMW quality, smoothness and reliability were the key factors in the VF design. VF have harnessed reliability of Vortech superchargers with their 10 years of supercharging experience and worldwide OEM supply contacts to create the ultimate supercharger system for the ultimate driver’s car.
The E46 M3 Stage 2 kit offers even greater performance via extra boost from a smaller supercharger pulley, replacement stiffer serpentine belt tensioner and upgraded custom stage 2 software ECU flash with larger stage2 fuel injectors and MAF upgrade. This kit requires the use of high performance cats. The test car was setup with Supersprint headers and Euro M3 cats. Drag racing and aggressive back to back peak rpm shifting will likely require a clutch upgrade.
**100 octane fuel recommended when used on the race track. A pre-cat wideband air/fuel ratio monitoring gauge is also recommended.**
All key components are 100% made in California. Supporting components such as the flow matched injectors are all acquired from German OEM suppliers. This system has been fully road tested and dyno tuned on both the Mustang MD500AWD and in-house Dynojet dynamometers with and without engine load.
- 8.5-9.0 PSI
- + 237 Horsepower
- + 118 lb/ft torque
- Custom Stage 2 tuned software
- Vortech V3 SQ trim black supercharger
- CNC machined 6061 aluminum bracket system
- Replacement chargecooler manifold
- Bosch water pump with VF water reservoir system
- Smaller supercharger pulley for increased boost
- OEM BMW idler pullies
- Stage 2 High flow spray pattern matched fuel injectors
- Custom molded polypropylene ducting
- High flow overrun bypass valve system
- Custom crank case ventilation system
- 4-ply silicon couplers with OEM screw clamps
- CNC oil fittings with high pressure OEM oil lines
- Replacement OEM serpentine belt
- K&N induction filter with cold air intake
- Comprehensive installation CD-ROM
- Precision Made in California, USA