One of the most popular upgrades to do to the Volkswagen DSG transmissions is a tune.  The Volkswagen Audi Group utilizes the DQ250 dual clutch 6speed transmission in all of it's vehicles with up to 260ft/lbs of torque. The DQ250 transmission featured 6 forward gears and 1 reverse. It uses we/submerged multi-plate clutch packs as featured in the FWD and AWD models. So why is this such a popular upgrade? Well, tuning the DSG can greatly improve the way your vehicle drives. If you are looking for faster gear changes, remove that kickdown effect, and raise the rpm to which the gear shift happens, then the VR Tuned DSG Transmission Flash is for you!
VR Tuned uses the Frieling iFlash to be able to work with all 2006-2016 DSG control modules via the OBDII port. With our OBDII solution, you are able to ID the firmware of your vehicle with the iFlash software. Once you have the ID, we then use our database of VAG files to find the matching original firmware, to which we create the new tuned DSG S-Tronic file. The question of "is this a generic or custom DSG tune", can easily be answered. When you identify your firmware, we must take that matching original decoded file and tune it to what is optimal for your vehicles transmission performance. Each customer will have a different tune based on firmware and any requested settings where applicable.
To do the transmission flash, all you need is our OBDII cable we provide and your own windows 7 and up laptop (MAC in windows mode works too) to do the job! We can incorporate features that you would find on the highest level VAG models to the intro platforms to give you blistering fast shifts and performance. Much like an ECU tune, when you are driving normal, the vehicle will behave normal. This is the same for the transmission as it will perform and function normal unless you are getting after it with increased throttle. The driver will feel more involved with the car similar to a true sequential gearbox or manual transmission. Holding the throttle at a certain throttle percentage will keep the transmission from jumping to too high of a gear. This can be very annoying for certain situation where you want to keep the revs higher. Each mode of the vehicles transmission is dialed to deliver results for your input to the accelerator. The VR Tuned DSG Flash gives you the enhancement when you want it!
The DSG Tune does not affect your vehicle’s ECU. This is directly programming your DSG module only. Some might ask if the DSG flash can change your top speed limiter or change a check engine light? The answer is no as these are functions related to the Engine Control Unit (ECU). We do offer ECU programming for these vehicles. The OBDII cable can also perform a ECU flash for you when you purchase a VR Tuned ECU Flash. When coupled with the DSG Tune, VR Tuned can make your Volkswagen purely unstoppable!
So what can you expect from the DSG Flash?
- Faster Acceleration
- Raised Torque Limiters
- Improved Daily Driving Characteristics
- Enable/Alter Launch Control (where applicable)
- Faster and Quicker Gear Changes
- Increased Clutch Disk Clamping Force
- Remove Kickdown Effect
- Raise Gear Shift Points
How does it work?
- Once you receive your OBDII cable from us, you follow the instructions we have here – https://www.vrtuned.com/installation/.
- The only difference between the ECU process and the DSG process is you will not READ your car out, but you will stop at the end of Step 4 and send us a screen shot which includes your firmware number.
- Once we receive the firmware number via email, we then prepare the tune and email it back to you which can then be flashed to your car via the OBDII port.
- When we email it back, you will proceed to Step 9.
What is your guarantee?
- We guarantee 100% satisfaction on all VR Tuned DSG products from 30 days of purchase date.
- If you are unhappy with the performance after discussing details with VR Tuned, we will refund you the tune less $200 for a cable fee. Once the cable is used, it locks to your vehicles VIN. We must receive the cable back here to be destroyed before a refund can be issued.
- If you ID your vehicle and there is no matching firmware, once the cable is received back, we will refund you 100%.
- Our guarantee is solely at our discretion with proper documentation.
- Volkswagen EOS 2.0 TSI 6Speed 2007-2016 DQ250
- Volkswagen EOS 3.2 V6 6Speed 2007-2008 DQ250
- Volkswagen EOS 3.6 V6 6Speed 2009-2011 DQ250
- Volkswagen EOS 2.0 TDI 6Speed 2007-2014 DQ250